No matter how one feels about the emerging popularity of mindfulness training in health care, education, leadership and business, there’s no doubt (supported by two decades of research) that this ancient body of knowledge possesses the power to raise individual and social intelligence and wellness to new heights.
Mindfulness, best achieved through simple present-moment awareness and meditation practices, boasts the following potential:
– Regulation of emotions and chronic stress
– Improved memory and cognitive function
– Strengthened immune system function
When it comes to the workplace, mindfulness training has the capacity to transform cultures and translate to:
– Reduced employee absenteeism
– Increased employee retention
– Improved individual and social (team) engagement
A new paradigm has emerged in social and emotional intelligence in and out of the workplace that involves the redirecting of attention and awareness to this moment, the only one that truly matters.